Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 02:15 PM

Default Ladyceleste.com Closes

Sad to say, another one bites the dust

Quote:
My site www.ladyceleste.com is going to close now. I have send you
promo-pictures in past for your site - so I
appreciate if you would delete all my pictures from your site, thanks!

...and thanks also for the good cooperation in the last years.

Wish you all the BEST & Sunny greetings

Celeste
www.ladyceleste.com
Old 03-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Banned

I hate to see that.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:41 PM

OMG,

who is tne next
Old 03-23-2010, 07:11 PM

As I wrote earlier, after PassionUK, and some others , many websites will surely closed because of the recession . It`s quite difficult to stay online, update every week & all that jazz when you can get enough members to pay all ...perhaps ( I hope,...) some will reopen after those sad days

Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Administrator

You know what though, I think these sites would do well enough to make up for the recession numbers if they just redesigned and re-organized their tours and promo tools, etc

Most of these sites that have shut down really have outdated designs and site tours

but, all in all, sucks to see them shut down, sucks to see Lady Celeste go
Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post
You know what though, I think these sites would do well enough to make up for the recession numbers if they just redesigned and re-organized their tours and promo tools, etc
that is right
Old 03-24-2010, 03:02 PM

I don`t understand why a lot of good sites closed in the last time. However
My best wishes going with you Celeste.

Regards
Thor
Old 03-25-2010, 04:42 AM

It's always a shame when an established site decides to close down. I think a lot of sites started in the easy money days (pre-2008) got used to the money, they way the did things and are not ready or able to make changes. It simply becomes "not worth it" to continue running a site, putting in the same effort for a diminished return.

Paysite owners and individual models who have embraced new trends continue to do well although I doubt they'd get to the same level that they once were. Hell, I remember when models used to do a tour of strip joints and promote their site at the same time.

What's that definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Cheers and best of luck Celeste if you happen to read this.

Chris
Old 03-25-2010, 09:10 AM

Suckerpunch , i think the problem isn`t to develop a new style. Rather the most fans wish to see their special model like before.
I think most of people saving their money for future. Nobody knows what will come.

Thor
Old 03-25-2010, 12:03 PM

I agree that it's harder to get people to part with the hard earned money now but making new changes and adopting new strategies is helping a lot of sites. I'm doing a lot of freelance work with model and paysites and finding doing a few small things (ie: twitter, affiliate blogs, etc) can improve ratios and sales.

In Celeste's case it appears that the model has lost interest as she had not appeared in an update since 2009. All her updates were guest galleries.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott View Post

Most of these sites that have shut down really have outdated designs and site tours

but, all in all, sucks to see them shut down, sucks to see Lady Celeste go
I agree with all this but to a point. The simple fact is that we don't know why this or other sites have closed. I know quite a few sites that have been lost to the web where I have been privvy to the reasons why. The reasons include

Ill health of model or partner/husband
Divorce or separation of partners
Close family/friends find out (or about to) and model covers tracks
Change of job or increase in responsibilities
Pregnancy/first child (or second etc)
Kids growing older so lack of privacy for shoots

As for Celeste I don't know anymore than yourselves. However I will make several other points, especially about traffic building.

It's more difficult than ever! Banner exchanges and toplists just DON"T generate enough traffic on their own anymore. What is more they are hard and time consuming to police.

It is essential that all paysites have a good webmaster/affiliate programme. But how many sites do you come across that just offer a banner or two as their entire range of promo tools? Tooooo many!

I also think it's important that sponsors work closely with gallery owners. Some do, some don't. For example to many FHGs have pics which are way to small. Why?

Some sponsors offer zips some don't. Why? Zips are way more convenient for webmasters that build/host their own galleries.

For the most part too many sponsors don't update their promo materials often enough or provide facilities where the affiliates can grab them.

On Glamour Images I have a "Featured Sites Of The Month Area". This means more frequent promotions for those sites. Incredibly I have some of those where I can't do the promotions because I can't get hold of the material!

So losing sites is bad I agree. Lady Celeste had a terrible affiliate scheme. A complete waste of time! That is the really sad thing - she is not alone! Too many websites have no idea what it takes to be successful!

Only my 2 cents worth!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:25 PM

I now only promote sites that give me a username/password to their sites so I can select my own pictures and content for promotion purpose. I am actually quite particular now about what I use because I know what seems to convert and what doesn't.

Toplists and banner exchanges are definitely pretty much done. Once upon a time they worked but that time has passed. Blogging seems to bring in traffic extremely well if you get some Google love but you have to closely analyze your traffic and stats to take advantage of any unexpected visitors and search terms that seems to be heading to your site.

Basically, the days of building a site, getting a shitload of traffic to it and cashing steady checks are done.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:29 AM

I don't do alot of nylon, mainly barefoot and pantyhose, but
http://www.footpervert.com/video/ser...iesphpromo.mov

I am redesigning all of my 67 fhg's right now, as well as my front end
and members area.

I have so many sites I am trying to develop right now, I have sworn off new concepts for at least a year.

But yes, people who run paysites should have good promo material imho.

Need Anything, Hit Me up on ICQ: 621200102