Leg Webmasters  
Fetish Hits
Feet 4 Cash

Go Back   Leg Webmasters > Main Category > Leg Webmasters Talk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011, 06:35 PM

Default What 5 things do you recommend I do when starting a new TGP?

What 5 things do you recommend I do when starting a new TGP?

Looking at running some niche tgps and was wondering what you do when starting a tgp? What steps do you take to make sure your tgp is successful? If you would like to recommend more then 5 things that would be great too.

I've got a domain name, I've installed stream rotator and trade pulse www.hotbabesinstockings.net Now I'm looking to do some trades. Then I'm going to purchase some traffic.

Am I on the right track? Look forward to hearing some tips, tricks and your experience in the tgp world

Thank you in advance for taking time to give your experience and thoughts in this thread Look forward to hearing your feedback
Old 09-13-2011, 02:18 AM

You've got a good start, but a few suggestions.

You might want to go ahead and buy a little traffic now while you're adding trades, otherwise you won't be able to force enough traffic to new trades to get things started. You've got to prime the pump, show the trade partner that you can send decent traffic.

At this point the sole focus should be on building traffic, not making sales. Sales will take care of themselves once you've built up the traffic. You want every click to go to either a trade or a gallery. You banners and AEBN promo at the top are not doing anything to build traffic. I'd take them off for now, save them for later, and put in some text headers to break up the sections.

Lastly, you have to start with one site but it's damn tough to make money with just one TGP. Just like blogs, it really takes a network of TGPs promoting related niches so you can share traffic among your own network and supplement it with other trades.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Administrator

I agree, I would totally lose the adverts, now is early, you are in "traffic building stage 1", which means you need to:
- seo, content updates, clean page
- traffic trading (must buy traffic, because right now new sites have nothing to offer, no google/se traffic etc, u should give something to offer other trades in terms of traffic
- submit to no recip dirs, submit tgp galls, build hardlinks if have pr etc
- waiting for seo

once you have a nice and steady traffic flow, solid traffic, solid trades etc, then you should ease in some adverts on your page, but also, my thoughts have always been, that tgps are meant to sell, make profits from your galleries and not adverts mostly... (imho this is what i find works best)

Good luck with your new tgp Don